2nd annual Electrical and Computer Engineering Student Paper Competition (updated)
- Papers submitted to the competition must be submitted to either a journal or a conference. (Proof of submission should be provided).
- Papers submitted to conferences and journals between 3/1/2016 and 3/1/2017 are considered.
- Each student can only submit one journal and one conference.
- Each student can submit to one field only.
- Students submitting must be the first authors of their papers.
- In case a journal and a conference are to be submitted, they should be different.
- Please use IEEE transactions format for journal papers and IEEE conferences format for conference papers.
- Papers will be judged based on the content, writing, formatting, presentation quality and originality.
- Students submitting to the competition must be registered for Spring-2017 semester.
- Applied Electromagnetic.
- Biomedical Engineering
- Computer Architecture
- Computer Systems and Networks
- Computer Vision Graphics and Image Processing
- Image Processing
- Information Systems
- Power and Energy
- Signal Processing
- Systems and Controls
Each discipline has a professor as a judge. The judge will decide on the best paper for journal and conference. All chosen papers from each discipline will get to the second judging phase.
All finalists from each discipline will present their paper in 3 minutes. The committee will choose 5 papers finalists for conference and 5 papers finalists for journals.
The 10 finalist papers will be presented by their authors in mid-april for the final judging panel. Their presentations will be 20 minutes long (presenting and answering questions). The event will also include poster presentations where all finalists from each discipline can present their papers. All the attendees will have the opportunity to see the work done by our students.